Director of Business Development, Application Partners
Sensity is looking for a Director of Business Development, Application Partners to join a dynamic start-up team in Sunnyvale, CA, playing a critical role at Sensity. You will be responsible to identify, engage, contract and serve as the primary contact for key application partners. You will cultivate business relationships with existing and new application partners in key areas within the SmartCities IoT market.
As the ideal candidate, you are an energetic, self-motivated, charismatic business and technical leader that has a proven record in successfully working with application software partners. You are extremely comfortable presenting and discussing technical know-how with technical audiences while negotiating and closing partnership agreements. As an individual contributor, you have a natural ability to balance relationship building, technical understanding, domain expertize, and project management skills in order to successfully shepherd each relationship. You are able to easily scale from high-level to complex discussions and influence/facilitate results across functions.
Reports to the VP, Sales and Partnerships
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Engage, support, and serve as the primary contact for Sensity key third party software application partners.
- Drive regular partner outreach into the app developer community to attract early partners by showcasing Sensity value proposition
- Negotiate partnerships agreements
- Working closely with the Sensity Product Management, Engineering and Technical Support team ensuring planning and prioritization process
- Support partner integration initiatives of Sensity platform APIs and features
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business development activities with application partners
- Highly organized manager with excellent relationship management skills - Proven ability to forge and optimize relationships with partners. A history of successfully driving projects and their cross-functional teams from concept to delivery. Natural ability to lead, motivate and collaborate. Proven planning, prioritization, organizational skills
- Strong technical ability with good understanding of Sensity related technologies – Experience with a diversity of IoT City-like service e.g. SmartParking, SmartLighitng, Security/Surveillance, Traffic Management… is a plus
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills: Ability to succinctly communicate and lead project discussions across varying levels of the organization. Highly competent at speaking to external and sometimes large technical audiences
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Software development background with experience personally developing applications in a 3rd party application framework
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field required. MBA or MS highly desired
- Strong technical skills. Knowledge of applications using REST APIs and HTTP
To apply, please click here.