Sensity is actively seeking a savvy product management professional to join our applications team as a Sr. Product Manager of Managed Services in Sunnyvale, CA.
This individual will define and drive the success of our global networking and managed services solutions. As Sensity looks to scale and manage a global IoT Light Sensory Network this role will be pivotal in driving and managing the services and applications platform. He or she will work closely with Network Engineering, Network Operations, and Field Services teams as well as spending time on the front line with Sensity customers.
- Develop requirements documents with input from cross-functional stakeholders including sales, engineering, customers
- Understand market dynamics and maintain a current market analysis
- Communicate, influence and work with stake holders both inside and outside of Sensity to ensure they understand the strategy
- Work with internal engineering and application teams to collaboratively drive the strategy forward for networking and managed services platforms
- Define network platform requirements across M2M cellular platforms, Wifi networks, and enterprise LAN/WAN environments
- Work with the sales and go-to-market teams to drive the field and customer engagement plans
- Act as SME and advise various internal, partner, and customer teams on Managed Services
- Partner with our Field Services Solution Engineering team in the field in the definition of products/solutions for near-term commercial prospects
- Typically requires: BSEE/CS or equivalent plus 8-10 years related experience in Product Management. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Open and engaging collaboration style. High level of energy and initiative. Encourages feedback. Ability to lead virtual team efforts, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, demonstrated ability to take abstract technical and business concepts and drive them into concrete and agreed-to specific requirements
- Able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk
- Ability to influence executives on innovative ideas
- Strong initiative required, with the ability to work independently when required
- Pragmatic problem solver (i.e. take complex problems and break them down into components)
- Delivery focused, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Strong relationship building, influencing, communication and facilitation skills during times of uncertainty, rapid change, aggressive timelines, budget constraints and operational requirements
- Ability to engage customers and sales teams in qualifying partner opportunities. Strong direct customer experience required
Technical Skills/Experience Desired:
- Deep knowledge and product management experience in cloud/XaaS architectures/offers, or web/web-services-based applications
2+ years of experience in Internet of Things (IoT), M2M or related technology
Excellent understanding of managed service provider operational business models and SaaS market drivers and requirements.
Understanding of Enterprise networking technologies, public Wifi, retail analytics, M2M, and emerging trends in cloud computing and networking
Solid technical background including cloud/XaaS architectures is preferred