Senior DevOps Engineer, Security
Sensity Systems’ product technology stack spans across hardware, modern software stack, API, public and private networks and worldwide deployment. The needs for cloud operations, monitoring and security are quite broad and complex. We are seeking an experienced engineer with relevant work experience and most importantly, a “can-do” attitude, who is ready to take on new challenges and quickly come up to speed to drive critical initiatives. This position is part of a newly formed Cloud Services group reporting to the Director of Cloud Services.
- Cloud Services: AWS, EC2, S3, Docker
- Linux (Ubuntu)
- Languages: Python, Go, Shell Scripting
- Technology Stack : ZeroMQ, Node4J, Cassendara, Neo4J, ELK, MQTT etc.
- Tools: Git, Docker, Cloudformation, Saltstack
- Security: PKI, LDAP, RADIUS, Internet security, SSL, HTTPS, TLS, DTLS etc.
- Lead various aspects of security of Sensity platform working with engineering, architects and the field operations team
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to delivery solid automated, configuration management platform
- Operationalize new customer on boarding and certifying production readiness
- Define process and path for customer migration to new releases
- Actively Participate in architecture and design discussion
- Monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues for application, API, database etc.
- Manage data migrations, helping to define/implement/improve data migration tooling
- Drive Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Initiatives
- Keep up with Linux securitypatches and updates and be able to apply to cloud systems
- Evaluate open source and commercial security scanning tools, install and generate reports periodically
- Respond to externals on Sensity product security related questions, security audits
- Deep dive into the systems to evaluate which commercial or opensource security systems will fit into our infrastructure
- Develop tools to help scale prevention, detection, and mitigation of intrusions, DDoS attacks
Skills & Experience:
- 8-10 years related experience, ideally in a fast-paced, growing start-up company.
- BS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Good programming skills in Python or Go, and demonstrated ability to grasp new programming languages quickly
- Strong working and deployment knowledge of internet security, PKI, LDAP, RBAC, SSL, HTTPS, TLS, DTLS etc.
- Cloud configuration management and orchestration, architecting it for ease of use, including automation from development through production pipeline. Preferably SaltStack
- Previous work in one of the public clouds: AWS (preferably), Rackspace, google cloud etc.
- Good understanding of large-scale distributed systems in practice, including multi-tier architectures, application security, monitoring and storage systems, load balancing
- Experience in the Linux environment and a good understanding of its fundamentals and internals: filesystems, security, networking etc.
- Solid understanding of software application builds and deployments and drive CI/CD from development through production pipeline
- A demonstrated passion for automation
- Strong desire to identify security vulnerabilities, reproduce them in the system, and apply patches to cloud infrastructure
- Results-oriented, collaborative professional with ability to work successfully in a matrixed organization
- Clear communicator who is very conductive to working in a team environment and helps lift team spirit
- Grit, drive and a strong feeling of ownership
- Innovative professional with a bias towards action rather than simply maintaining status quo
To apply, please click here.