Sensity is looking for a Senior Director of Sensity's Developer Program to join a dynamic start-up team in Sunnyvale, Ca.
If you like to be considered for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Sensity is looking for a Senior Director, Developer Program to join a dynamic start-up team in Sunnyvale, CA, playing a critical role in Sensity developer program. You will be responsible to drive the creation and management of Sensity's developer program, as well as engaging, supporting, and serving as the primary contact for key developers. You will ensure that our developer program is an attractive and exciting platform to develop on, with the most accessible, robust self-service documentation, samples, and toolset. You will ensure optimal outward facing reach and awareness of Sensity’s APIs/SDK for developers through regular outbound communication activities. As Sensity developer community expands, you will drive scaling of the program by identifying the needs, recommending the solutions and driving the implementation of systems that support this growth.
As the ideal candidate, you are an energetic, self-motivated, strong, charismatic highly technical leader that has proven developer-program management success within a developer community. You are extremely comfortable presenting and discussing technical know-how with technical audiences. You have a natural ability to balance relationship building, technical understanding, domain expertize, and project management skills in order to successfully shepherd each program. As an individual contributor, you possess the determination to ensure multiple, rapid development projects stay on target, are flexible in changing environments, and are comfortable with high volumes of detail. You are able to easily scale from high-level to complex discussions and influence/facilitate results across functions. Reports to the VP, Partners & Alliances.
- Engage, support, and serve as the primary contact for Sensity Platform key third party developer companies
- Be a key driver/contributor in the evolution of Sensity’s developer program as it becomes the default platform for Smart Cities services and applications. Work with Product Management and Engineering to define the Developer Program roadmap and bring the voice of the developers to the planning and prioritization process.
- Drive regular partner outreach – Ensure regular, timely communications and SDK evangelism to all developers including regular newsletters and targeted communications to select developers covering new products, features, benefits and best practices for the platform.
- Manage developer documentation and a self-service portal - Drive the effort to give all development partners self-service developer documentation that is always currently, helpful and easily accessible.
- Support partner integration initiatives - Support successful partner integrations of Sensity platform features by leading creation of development plans, documentation and any necessary support tools.
- Oversee Sensity’s Developer Forum – Working closely with the Developer Technical Support ensuring the forum becomes a vibrant community, vigorously active with current and useful information.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a developer program leadership and management role - Demonstrated success with creation and/or significant growth of an SDK developer platform.
- Software development background with experience personally developing applications in a widely deployed 3rd party application framework preferred.
- Highly organized manager with excellent relationship management skills - Proven ability to forge and optimize relationships with partners and colleagues. A history of successfully driving projects and their cross-functional teams from concept to delivery. Natural ability to lead, motivate and collaborate. Proven planning, prioritization, organizational skills.
- Strong technical ability with good understanding of Sensity related technologies – Experience with a diversity of IoT City-like service e.g. SmartParking, SmartLighitng, Security/Surveillance, Traffic Management,…
- Skilled communicator with excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills: Ability to succinctly communicate and lead project discussions across varying levels of the organization. Highly competent at speaking to external and sometimes large technical audiences
- Ability to operate effectively in a highly entrepreneurial start-up environment
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong technical skills. Expertise in building applications using REST APIs and HTTP.