Senior Product Manager/Director, Developer Platforms
Sensity is actively seeking a savvy product management professional to join our team as a Sr. Product Manager/Director, Developer Platforms. This individual will define and drive the success of our application partner developer platforms. As Sensity looks to scale and manage a global IoT Smart City platform this role will be pivotal in driving and managing Sensity application platform capabilities. He or she will work closely with Sensity Cloud Engineering and Operations teams, Developer Support teams, App development partners and engineering teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop requirements documents with input from cross-functional stakeholders including sales, engineering, customers
- Own and define the “interface” by defining structure, content, format of API’s and work with engineering to evaluate appropriate protocols
- Partner with business development, developer relations and other cross-functional teams to define commercial features including pricing models, billing, and other “business” aspects of Sensity’s application platform
- Communicate, influence and work with stake holders both inside and outside of Sensity to ensure the ecosystem app partners can seamlessely deliver applications to market
- Work with internal engineering and support teams to collaboratively drive and define the strategy for application developer systems
- Typically requires: BSEE/CS or equivalent plus 7-10 years related experience in Product Management. MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a product manager in the app development space, or other relevant hands-on experience
- Open and engaging collaboration style. High level of energy and initiative. Encourages feedback. Ability to lead virtual team efforts, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions.
- Excellent logical thinking and corresponding communication skills (speaking, writing, presenting, white-boarding, etc)
- Able to articulate technical issues in terms of business risk
- Ability to influence executives on innovative ideas
- Strong initiative required, with the ability to work independently when required
- Pragmatic problem solver (i.e. take complex problems and break them down into components)
- Delivery focused, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
Technical Skills/Experience Desired:
- Deep knowledge and product management experience in cloud and XaaS architectures, or web/web-services-based applications
- Keen understanding of Platform-as-a-Service, as well as the ability to prototype applications using these tools
- Working knowledge of open source technologies and willingness to be hands on ideally with experience as a committer in an open source project
- Strong web application or mobile application development experience
- Experience with container technologies (Docker, LXD, Rancher etc)
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware, OpenStack, AWS, Cloud Foundry, Azure, etc)
To apply, please click here.